Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome

Yes, I'm a lia sophia advisor. I'm proud of it. I love my job. How many people can say that? I'll say it again. I love my job.

But I never thought this would be my life. :)

Sorry ladies, it's retired now.One year for Christmas my mother gave me a necklace. It came in this little blue box that I had never seen before. I opened it and thought nothing more of it. I had small children. I was breast-feeding. I had no time. I dressed in jeans and t-shirts pretty consistantly. No one could have ever called me a "girly-girl" as a child, and I was pretty much the same as an adult.


Fast-forward a couple years and I was a different person. I got my energy back. I was a mother. My kids were happy and growing up. I had been married for years. I had settled into my place in life. My confidence grew and along with it, my self-esteem. And I realized when I dressed nice and looked nice, I felt better too.

And I became a shopping queen. And I found a shirt that would look great with that necklace gathering dust in my bathroom drawer. (I didn't even have a jewelry box) Not long after, a friend invited me to a lia sophia show. Of course, I went, because she's a good friend, and that's what's expected from you, right?

I was amazed. I had never even considered accessorizing before. This is what happens when you groan at your mom every time she tries to get you to do anything girly with you when you're growing up: You get older and realize you missed a lot.

So I created a wish list. And I had a party. And I signed up. I never intended to make money. Yeah, I hoped to make a little. Enough to pay for my jewelry. But I never actually believed the people how claimed to make enough money to quit their jobs. Until I met them.

They exist, and there are a lot more of them than you would expect. There are women out there who run a multi-million dollar business from their homes. And manage it all with a 3-ring binder. It's an amazing opportunity.

I have a great full-time job. And I have a great part-time job with lia sophia. A part-time job that pays more than any other part-time job I could take. I wouldn't even be able to get an interview with another part-time place if I told them I want to work 1 or maybe 2 nights a week, and that I'd like to pick those nights myself. But that's how I work now.

So look around and you might find out the answers to questions you didn't even know you had. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment